Save Time, Take the Car Ferry
The fastest way to access Ballina Beach Nature Resort from the north is via the Burns Point Car Ferry—a ten-minute journey from the centre of Ballina that avoids navigating around Wardell. The ferry accommodates vehicles with boat trailers as well as caravans.
Check out ferry prices, vehicle restrictions and timetables.
BURNS POINT FERRY
Scared of the dark? Watch our video to see how easy it is to
get to Ballina Beach Nature Resort day and night.
Driving to the Ferry & Nature Resort
GPS systems are notoriously unreliable finding us!
To make life easier, see below our driving directions to the car ferry and Ballina Beach Nature
Ballina Beach Nature Resort
440 South Ballina Beach Road
South Ballina NSW 2478
We can’t wait to welcome you to our idyllic Ballina Beach Nature Resort. When it comes to finding us, GPS systems are notoriously unreliable, so we recommend following our directions below!
Driving to the Resort via the Ferry
- Continue along the M1 Pacific Motorway and take the sign-posted Ballina/RiverStreet exit, which takes you off the freeway and onto a roundabout interchange.
- At the roundabout, take the River Street exit and head north.
- Turn right at the first roundabout you reach into Burns Point Ferry Road. (You’ll be able to see the Big Prawn on your left one block up.)
- Drive onto the ferry (leaves every few minutes).
- When you drive off the ferry, take the first left onto South Ballina Beach Road. Ballina Beach Nature Resort is signposted (the last place on the right before the breakwall).
- If you’re coming from Ballina and don’t want to take the ferry, you’ll need to take the main highway.
- Drive south to Wardell and, after the Wardell Bridge, take the first turning on the left into River Drive.
- Drive to the end (about 30 kms) and take the last turn on your right into South Ballina Beach Road. There’s a small street sign pointing up the road that says CARAVAN PARKS. Go to the end until you see the flags.
- From the Pacific Highway (A1), turn right into River Drive before crossing the Wardell Bridge
- When you turn into River Drive, keep the river on your left until you come to almost the end of the road (just before the ferry launch area) and turn right into South Ballina Beach Road. There’s a small street sign pointing up the road that says CARAVAN PARKS. Go to the end until you see the flags.
We can’t wait to see you!